Thursday, September 06, 2012

Friend Zone

 

 Assalamualaikum / Peace Be Upon You

Recently, there is this topic that suddenly popped up during recent conversations that I had with several people that I've met. The topic is about getting into the 'Friend Zone'. What is a 'Friend Zone' you might ask? Here's what Wikipedia has to say about it;
In popular culture, the "friend zone" refers to a platonic relationship where one person wishes to enter into a romantic relationship while the other does not. The most typical friend zone situation involves a man that is romantically interested in a woman who does not reciprocate or is unaware of his interest. It is generally considered to be an undesirable situation by the lovelorn person. Once the friend zone is established, it is said to be difficult to move beyond that point in a relationship.

While a friend of mine, Rul Evilmatter, had his own version regarding on this matter;
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man.
It is a dimension as vast as space and timeless as infinity.
It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge.
This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area we call the Friend Zone.
Here's Ryan Reynolds' take on Friend Zone from the movie Just Friends;
I had my share of being inside the friend zone by other girls and friend zoning other girls personally. For me it is nothing much to make big fuss about. Apparently there's a lot of people seems to make a big deal about it. No matter how much you say you hate friend zone, there will always be people that you had been friend zoned during your lifetime. Somebody that wasn't that attractive to you either physically or mentally. Trust me, I know. I've done it several times in my life. And when I was being friend zoned by the girl that I like, it was like karma. What I did was is simply moved on.

Basically, what you need to do first when the person that you like is friend zoning you is ask yourself either you already confessed or expressed your feelings to that person or not. If your answer is no, then it's your own damn fault. You can't expect other people to know what your real feelings towards them are. People aren't psychics, we can't read minds. I mean seriously. No matter how many hints you had been given them, some people are born to be oblivious. Yeah, I've met some of them. And I'm one of them.

During my past relationship with a girl friend (no, not a girlfriend but a friend which is a girl), she once told me that she had liked me from the day we had met for the first time but was expecting me to noticed her and make the first move. How the hell am I supposed to make the first move if I don't know how you feel about me, woman?!
The next thing you need to asses is your attitude towards the person that you like. If you make sexist remarks so many times in front of them surely you know the reason why you are still single. I know a guy who like to post and talk sexist stuffs either in real life or virtual life. He often complained on how he is still single and got rejected by girls but seems ignorant to the fact that some of the girls feel offended by the sexist remarks that he had made. I mean seriously? It's not cool to tell a woman to go to the kitchen. You can make that kind of joke with your friends and your friends only. You do not say that sort of thing publicly or even in front of the person that you like.
To tell the truth, this is not something that you want to bitch about or make a huge deal out of it. It just a normal thing that will eventually happened in your life. Sometimes, there will be people who are too afraid to confess to the person that they like because they afraid that it might turn badly and will eventually ruined the relationship that they have now. So, they feels comfortable living on the platonic relationship and will eventually suffer when the person find other people to love. Sucks to be them. Sometimes in life you need to make the decision even if you think that it will end up in a disaster especially regarding relationships. Mistakes are temporary but regret is forever. 

I guess that is all that I've got to say about this matter. This is just my opinions regarding this. I could be wrong or I could be right.

Salam

No comments: