Sunday, July 22, 2012

In The Spirit of Ramadhan al-Mubarak



Assalamualaikum / Peace be Upon You

Ramadhan is here, again. Like the previous years, the Muslims will fast for a month. Training themselves in the term of endurance whatnot. But apparently not all knows the real meaning of Ramadhan. Most people said that this time, it will bring changes. But I hardly doubt it. It will be the same as the previous years. Why? People expect changes to come to them but doesn't want to change themselves. In the end, it will kept on circling in the same cycle. They will act all good and nice during the month of Ramadhan but it will only last until the first day of Syawal.


I'm not stating bad things or anything but this is what I've seen and experienced during every years of Ramadhan. We said that in respect of the Holy Month of Ramadhan we must be good and act nice towards other people. My questions are, only in Ramadhan? What about other months? 

It's only in Ramadhan we must not slander other people. It's only in Ramadhan we must not accused other people without proofs. It's only in Ramadhan we have to watch for what we said. While at the other months, we were seemed to be allowed of doing all that.

Many people might not agree with what I've stated but this is what I had in mind every time Ramadhan is here. We preach about being modest, stop wasting money and whatnot but in the end, we did all that stuffs. We wasted food that we bought when we want to break our fasting. We buy new clothing for Syawal even though the clothes that we had still can be worn. And other stuffs that were unnecessary.

Well, in the end I would like to wish all my Muslim friends. Happy Fasting and perhaps this time, you WILL do some changes this Ramadhan. As for me, I'm too lazy to do something. 

Salam 

No comments: